EECP For Physicians
EECP® (Enhanced External Counterpulsation) treatment is for patients suffering from angina pectoris and other
cardiovascular-related diseases. EECP for physicians is also critical, as patients need their managing physicians to understand the efficacy of EECP therapy in heart disease treatment.
About Global Cardio Care Centers
Global Cardio Care Centers is the leader in providing EECP therapy. It is the largest, outpatient, stand-alone center that delivers EECP treatment.
Global Cardio Care Centers provides patients the opportunity to experience a non-invasive and medication-free therapy combined with the Sara Soulati® Health for Life™ Program. A course of EECP therapy is 35 hours or more.
There are more than 900 academic institutions and independent physician practices throughout the U.S. and the world that use EECP therapy for cardiovascular disease. They include:
- Mayo Clinic
- St. Francis Heart Hospital
- Beth Israel Medical Center
- University of New York at Stony Brook
- The Cleveland Clinic
- NYU-Langone Medical Center
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of California San Diego
- Duke University Medical Center
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
About EECP Treatment
EECP therapy is non-surgical, requires no medication and is an FDA-cleared treatment for cardiovascular disease.
- The device used for EECP was invented in the late 1950s at Harvard University.
- In the 1970s, EECP was in use for acute myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration cleared EECP in:
- 1995 for chronic stable and unstable angina pectoris,cardiogenic shock and acute myocardial infarction.
- 2002 for congestive heart failure
Mechanism of EECP
EECP promotes angiogenesis, growth of new collaterals to improve circulation. EECP treatment increases nitric oxide, vascular endothelial growth factor and other endothelial growth factors.
- The squeezing mechanism of EECP improves the hemodynamics of blood flow and shear stress to help generate progenitor and hematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow improving endothelial function and reprofusing organ tissue.
- In addition, elevated levels of nitric oxide and vascular endothelial growth factor are evident during EECP that helps improve circulation as well as stimulates angiogenesis, resulting in improved endothelial function and a reduction of both circulating inflammatory markers and arterial stiffness.
The mechanism of EECP action includes:
- Increased venous return
- Increased preload/stretch
- Increased cardiac output
- Retrograde arterial flow
- Increased diastolic pressure
- Increased intracoronary perfusion
- Increased vascular recoil and systolic unloading
- Decreased systemic vascular resistance
- Decreased afterload
More benefits of EECP are available in our EECP For Physicians brochure.
- EECP is available worldwide and there are nearly 200 clinical studies proving the efficacy of EECP. Get a copy of our EECP & Physicians brochure by completing our contact form here.
EECP, Angina Pectoris & Disease
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other third-party insurance payers have been reimbursing treatment of angina symptoms with EECP since 1999. The history of EECP can be found here.
EECP is proven to help patients with the following angina symptoms:
- Ischemic heart disease with associated symptoms of fatigue
- Angina pectoris and unspecified angina pectoris
- Heart failure occurring with less than ordinary exertion and chronic stable angina pectoris
Patients as Candidates For EECP
Patients with any of the following symptoms, pre-existing or current conditions may be candidates for EECP therapy:
- Inoperable patients
- Excessive risk or comorbid conditions for invasive procedures
- Refusal/unwillingness for invasive procedures
- Inadequate relief from medication
- Post-invasive patients with previous CABG or PCI within 5+ years
- Diabetic with underlying ischemic heart disease (have neuropathy, shortness of breath)
- Inactive or sedentary lifestyle (fatigue, palpitation, shortness of breath, atypical pain, chest pain)
- Small vessel or diffuse disease
- Cardiac Syndrome X
- Mild refractory angina pectoris (CCS Class II)
- Significant silent ischemia
- Left main disease
- Systolic or diastolic heart failure
- Severe, diffuse coronary atherosclerosis
Although the patient benefits of EECP therapy have been proven to last for more than five years, it is not uncommon for Medicare or other third-party payers to reimburse for repeat treatment sessions (35 days) twice annually.
Clinical studies have shown there is a definite trend demonstrating EECP therapy, when done post PCI, may reduce restenosis rates.
- Sustainable increase in coronary perfusion
- Retrograde arterial flow (shear stress) increases endothelial function
- Peripheral training effects (similar to exercise)
- Cardiac remodeling (stunned and hibernated myocardium)
- Improvement in oxygen consumption
- Regression of atherosclerosis
- Improvement in ventricular function
- Increase in cardiac output
- Decrease in cardiac workload of the heart
- Release of growth factors
- Increased coronary pressure
- Increased levels of nitric oxide and decreased levels ANP and BNP
- Acute improvement in peripheral endothelial function (increase in RH-PAT index)
- Increased time to the onset of ischemia
- Decrease in number and severity of angina episodes
- Reduction in angina and heart failure classifications
- Decreased medication (nitroglycerin and ranexa)
A thorough list of Patient Benefits of EECP Therapy Proven in Clinical Studies is available in our EECP For Physicians Brochure. Please complete our Contact Us form, and we will email you a copy.
Sara Soulati is CEO/Founder of Global Cardio Care® Inc.
Global Cardio Care centers are the leading providers of EECP therapy. Global Cardio Care Centers, launched in 2002, is the largest out-patient, stand-alone center that delivers EECP treatment. Global Cardio Care—West Lost Angeles launched in 2012.
Global Cardio Care centers provide patients the opportunity to experience a non-invasive and medication-free therapy combined with The Sara Soulati® Health For Life™ Program™ featuring The Sara Soulati Method™ of EECP.
About Sara Soulati
She is founder and CEO of Global Cardio Care®, the team that manages the out-patient stand-alone centers delivering EECP therapy.
The Sara Soulati Health For Life Program features The Sara Soulati Method of EECP, a lifestyle modification program and total approach to disease prevention and treatment from head to toe.
Register Patients For A Free EECP Trial
Your patients can get EECP with a physician prescription. Before they enroll in The Sara Soulati Health For Life Program, your patients can get a FREE EECP trial and learn more about the benefits of EECP therapy.