The Sara Soulati Method of EECP® for Sports Therapy
Sara Soulati® is the first and only EECP practitioner in the U.S. to develop an EECP sports protocol for elite athletes. She is the world leader in EECP sports education, research and treatment. She broke into the sports industry in 1997 with the help of Clive Brewster, teaming up with the well-respected HealthSouth sports rehabilitation facility in Los Angeles, California.
Her work and research on the effects of EECP on the elite athlete continued with the U.S. Olympic Track and Field Team under the direction of Head Coach John Smith. Sara studied speed, recovery time and removal of lactic acid in the lower body of Olympian athletes.
Since then, Sara has single-handedly pioneered the use of EECP in the sports industry. In 2001, her success in this field led to further research with the Los Angeles Avengers Arena Football team. Sara studied girth, range of motion, post-injury recovery and post-operative recovery with her sports enhancement protocol, The Soulati® EECP® Sports Method.
Sara’s work with the Los Angeles Avengers led to the publishing of a medical paper written with the help of UCLA cardiologist Franklin Murphy, MD, which detail the results of her research in the field. The 2001 publication was titled, “EECP for Treatment of Exercise Fatigue and Traumatic Sports Injury.”
The Soulati® EECP® Sports Method
The Soulati EECP Sports Method gives professional athletes a distinct edge! When undergoing our EECP therapy, athletes experience a massive, passive cardiovascular workout while the heart is at rest, without having any stress inflicted on the heart or the body. Studies have proven that EECP therapy provides as much as six times the amount of exercise benefit per hour of treatment than any other form of tolerated physical exercise.
The Soulati EECP Sports Method increases energy levels and training endurance while reducing the effects of fatigue during training. The increased circulation of oxygen-rich blood, release of nitric oxide and the removal of lactic acid aids this physiological process resulting in elevated athletic performance.
We performed a study on exercise hemodynamics and myocardial stress perfusion across a group of 27 patients suffering from chronic stable angina. A majority (22/27 or 81%) of the patients experienced an improvement of their exercise tolerance after our EECP method treatment, with a similar percentage (21/27 or 78%) of the patients improving their radionuclide stress perfusion images. Post-EECP maximal exercise heart rate and blood pressure, while demonstrating a linear relation with exercise duration, did not increase significantly despite the increased exercise duration. This suggests that the increase in exercise duration after treatment with our EECP method is due to both improved myocardial perfusion and altered exercise hemodynamics.
Our EECP therapy thus appears to exert a “training” effect, decreasing peripheral vascular resistance and the heart rate response to exercise. Coronary disease patients may improve their exercise tolerance after EECP due to improved myocardial perfusion coupled with a decrease in cardiac workload.
Our EECP sports method also promotes cellular rejuvenation commonly known as anti-aging. Athletes will experience an increase in the production of their own stem cells along with optimal stem cell bioavailability throughout their bodies.
As part of the recovery benefits experienced with our unique sports protocol, athletes will experience deeper and more restful levels of sleep aiding recovery times and general mental alertness.
The following are beneficial results our unique EECP method:
- Increases flexibility
- Increases overall circulation
- Relaxes your muscles
- Increases energy and endurance
- Passive Massive Cardiovascular Workout (as much as 6 times the amount of peripheral exercise benefit from just ONE hour of EECP Therapy than any level of tolerated physical exercise)
- Lessens muscle stiffness
- Increases lymphatic circulation
- Increases metabolism
- Increases physical energy output for higher calorie burn
- Boosts the production of anti-oxidants
- Flushes metabolic waste
- Increases the immune system response
- Improves stamina
- Increases physical endurance and exercise tolerance
- Decreases cardiovascular recovery time
- Decreases muscle soreness by eliminating lactic acid
- Neuroinflammation reduction such as in brain trauma
- Improves complexion
- Decreases Inflammation
- Increases stem cell production
- Improves microvascular circulation
- Improves endothilium function
- Reverses effects of blood vessel aging by inhibiting plaque build-up and increasing nitric oxide production
- Reduces stress
- Decreases anxiety and depression
- Facilitates recovery post-exercise
- Promotes deep and restful sleep
Athletic Improvement Research by Sara Soulati
As a result of Sara’s therapy, Shaquille O’Neal experienced a remarkable difference in his conditioning and recovery time during his time with the Lakers as well as when he was with the Miami Heat during his year title year.
The Sara Soulati EECP method vastly improved his in-game endurance and recovery time which contributed to him being able to sustain a deep and effective playoff run during that championship year.
Dean Chiaro with 4-time NBA Champion Shaquille O’Neal
Our Work with Professional Athletes & Teams
Sara continued working privately with professional athletes from the National Basketball Association, National Football League, National Hockey
League, Major League Baseball, and professional boxing.
In 2004, Sara marked a historical achievement for a professional sports team, The Miami Heat, which successfully implemented Sara Soulati’s
EECP sports protocol with its professional athletes. That year, The Miami Heat won their first NBA championship.
Elite Sports Teams & Athletes That Have Benefited from the Soulati EECP Sports Method
Here are a few of the world class athletes that we have treated, radically improving their athletic and cardiovascular ability and allowing them much faster recovery times from fatigue and injury. Their capacity for greater workloads was significantly improved as a result of the effect of our treatment.
- Los Angeles Avengers
- Jim Brown (NFL Champion, NFL Hall of Fame Inductee & Actor)
- US Olympics Track and Field Team
- Carl Lewis
- Maurice Green (4-time Olympic Medalist & 5-time World Champion
- Quincy Watts (Olympic Gold Medalist 400 & 4×400 relay)
- Ato Bolden (4-time Olympic Medalist)
- Shaquille O’Neal (4-time NBA Champion)
- John Salley (4-time NBA Champion)
- Muhammad Ali (Former Heavyweight Champion)
- Leila Ali (Former WIBA & IWBF Champion)
- Sugar Shane Mosley (Former IBF & WBA Champion)
- Lamon Brewster (Former WBO Heavyweight Champion)
- Rampage Jackson (Former MMA Light Heavyweight Champion)
- Tommie Lasorda (Retired World Champion MLB Manager)
Shaquille O’Neal & Sara
Sara Soulati with NFL Champion & NFL Hall of Fame Inductee Jim Brown
Sara Soulati with NBA Champion John Salley
Sara Soulati with Heavyweight Champion & Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali & Leila Ali
Call Us Today!
Receive A Complimentary Experience of Our Clinically Proven Program!