(five years after the FDA), Grant Bagley, MD, finally approved EECP for reimbursement, BUT only for these advanced conditions:
- Canadian Class III or class IV angina (FDA approval is for Canadian Class I, II, III, IV angina)
- A person’s condition is inoperable or at high risk of operative complications or post-operative failure.
- A person’s coronary anatomy is not readily amenable to such procedures.
- A person has co-morbid conditions which create excessive risk.
- A prescription by a cardiologist or cardiothoracic surgeon.
- The treatment program is limited to 35 hours maximum.